Friday, October 22, 2010

Hello, Again...

Good morning! I just wanted to hop on to welcome any new folks stopping by from Roman Augustoviz's blog... I know I didn't provided picks for him to pick against this week, but gave no reasons WHY I did what I did... so here it is. To check out Roman's picks, click here.

UAA at UMD: UMD Sweep
Minnesota Duluth is the better team, obviously.

SCSU at MIN: SCSU Sweep
Here is where I'm afraid a Gopher fan mutiny may take down my blog... but let me explain. The Huskies don't have the size of Nebraska-Omaha, but they have every bit as much speed and even more scoring punch. On paper, they also have better goaltending. Minnesota will need to score the first or second goal (preferably both) or like last weekend, they will see games spiral out of control.

CC at MSU: CC Sweep
Minnesota State doesn't have a win this season in four games. They've played Michigan Tech and St. Lawrence! What's gonna happen when a real, live, nationally ranked team comes to town. Unless the Mavericks get more production from their power play (currently under 10 percent success) and better play from their penalty kill (currently under 75 percent), this one could get ugly.

WIS at DU: Split
Denver doesn't have the goaltender to sweep this series and Wisconsin doesn't have the firepower. When in doubt, pick split.

UND at Maine: Split
North Dakota is already rolling (unfortunately for their conference counterparts) but this Maine team is more like your father's Black Bears (in that they don't suck anymore). At home, Maine, seemingly back in contention in Hockey East this season (at least in my opinion) will steal one from the Fighting Sioux.

UNO at Michigan: UNO Sweep
Congrats, Maize and Blue, you swept Bowling Green for your only two wins this season. They've also tied Mercyhurst and New Hampshire. The Mavericks showed me something last weekend. This team can score goals... and they can skate... and they're big. Dean Blais has this team looking kind of like a North Dakota team. Yeah, they don't have the superstar scorers (yet), but Nebraska-Omaha is for real (yes, I'm declaring it after two weekends).

No comments:

Post a Comment